Monday, March 14, 2016

Birchbox - March 2016 - Ladies First

March marked a significant time for women - both International Women's Day and Women's History Month are celebrated. Birchbox decided to chose Ladies First as their theme for the beauty box. 

The box itself is an adorable array of bright spring colors and gold in triangular patterns 

The card included this inspiring message from Team Birchbox 


Amika - Perk Up Dry Shampoo
0.75 oz/ 21.3 g value: $3.50

FHI Brands - Hot Sauce Thermal Heat-Activated Conditioner
0.5 fl oz/ 15 ml value: $1.50


I chose this amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo for my sample choice this month because I'm obsessed with dry shampoo. I use it two, three, four times a week :) My go to brand is Batiste - but I may have to change after sampling this amika formula. The ophliiphica scent is amazing and it leaves absolutely no white residue. 

This leave-in conditioner may be one of the smallest samples I've received for haircare! I tried a bit on my ends but I don't think the sample will cover all my thick hair. I have never used a heat activated leave in conditioner so I am excited to see the results!

TheBalm Cosmetics - Stainiac in Beauty Queen
1.2 ml/ 0.04 fl oz value: $2.50

How appropriate that this stain is named Beauty Queen :) This best seller is for cheek and lips, giving you a sheer, rosy tint. Some people complained that they could barely see the color on their lips but I enjoy it. You can swipe it on in the morning and this light stain will last all day. I'm happy they accidentally dropped two in my beauty box this month!

Tre'stiQue - Color & Smudge Shadow Crayon in Aspen Pine
0.02 oz/ 0.7g value: $11
I have come to know and love the tre'StiQue brand. I was ecstatic to receive this shadow crayon. The Aspen Pine shade is a shimmery dark green that looks gorgeous. It is also twist up so no sharpening required. This hue will greatly compliment my green eyes.

Wilma Schumann Skin Care - Hydrating Collagen Eye Pads
1 pair value: $3.50
I am always in need of more rest and with daylight savings time, I was drastically in need of these eye pads. These eye pads provide an intense hydration boosting treatment for the eye contour area using 100% pure collagen. Cleanse your eye area and leave on for 20 minutes. You will see the fantastic results immediately. 

I am overall pleased with this month's Birchbox (I always seem to get pretty lucky! - remember to fill out your responses on your boxes!!) The only product I was moderately disappointed in was the size of the FHI Brands leave in conditioner. Otherwise, everything will be greatly enjoyed. This month, the beauty box had a total value of $22 - still pretty good for only paying $10. 









No comments:

Post a Comment